Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, surrounded by assholes.
Your life won’t end if you gain 10 pounds, nor will it begin if you lose 20. So go eat a cookie and get living.
When you have a connection with someone it never really goes away, you know.
You snap back to being important to each other because you still are.Alex Vause - Orange is the new Black (via imaginary-mindfucks)
Saw this. And this guy hit it on the head.
(1) President Abraham Lincoln, who had depression
(2) Writer Virginia Woolf, who had bipolar disorder
(3) Artist Vincent Van Gogh, who had bipolar disorder
(4) Writer Sylvia Plath, who had depression
(5) Mathematician John Nash (from A Brilliant Mind), who had schizophrenia
Inspired by this post
It’s so easy, on dark days, to notice nothing but the shadows, nothing but the worst of monsters hiding in the corners of our eyes. It’s so easy to find the faults and imagine the worst and forget the rest. Resist this trap, resist it with all you have and remember…only when it’s dark do the stars learn how to shine. Shadows are only cast because Light spills across the world. There will always be darkness, but there will forever be the light to drive it out.
All of my best thoughts go out to Boston and those affected today.